A Wonderful Visit

You know you’re getting old when …

…sleeping late, visiting two workshops, and an early dinner totally tires you out!!!

Ok, maybe it’s not just getting old.  Ed woke up in the middle of Tuesday night with acid reflux and was absolutely miserable for about an hour.  Yes, I made a vending machine run about 2:30 am for a Coke and Sprite.  The Coke helped, he said, but I finally asked him to drink as much water as he could stand and that seemed to help a lot.  He fell asleep after that and I let him sleep late Wednesday morning.  I finally woke him at 10:30 because I was bored!  Up!  Up!  Up!  Time to get moving!!!

What happens when you break the toilet tank, pull down the shower curtain, and break the towel rack in the shower?  Yes, that actually happened Wednesday morning.  Ed had soap in his eyes, reached for the wash cloth hanging on the towel rack, and lost his balance.  Surprisingly, he only got a single cut on his back but, by last night, he was definitely sore.  So what happened?  You get a visit from the hotel manager, to see if you need a doctor!  Oh, yes, I’m sure the manager was concerned with any liability the hotel might have, but that would be normal and I would expect it.  Ed assured him that some minor first aid had been needed but I had fixed him up.  While we were out during the afternoon, Maintenance came in and fixed everything.  I was actually amazed.  I was just sure that they would try to move us to a different room but no.

Cousin Doug works with glass and owns a shop where others can come in and use his equipment to design their own work.  We got to watch some of them and then went to his showroom to see not only what they were selling, but also Doug’s personal collection.  That was fun but I think we both were entranced with his salt-water aquarium.  Fish, snails, shrimp, and lots of different kinds of coral filled his tank and he graciously spent a lot of time telling us about everything and answering our questions.

Then it was off to see Cousin Dennis.  He does computer animation and his work is absolutely amazing!  He designs his own characters and gives them personalities but the field is hard to break into apparently, especially when you don’t want to live in Los Angeles!  Still, it was fun watching him creating a face on his computer by “molding” a piece of basic clay and his computer is out of this world, it is so powerful!  24 processors, if you are interested.  Yes, I was amazed but I didn’t drool too much, I don’t think.

Ed in power-lift

We stopped by Stu’s new house after that, just so Ed could take a few more pictures before we left town.  He got them but then had a thrill when Stu’s friend took him up in a power-lift to take pictures from about 50 feet high.  The footprint of the house is impressive but, remember, there are 2 stories above ground and 1 below ground.  That was fun!

New House Footprint

We had a really nice dinner with Stu and Dena last night and I don’t think I’ve talked that much in years.  It was great! 

This afternoon, we flew home and by 7 pm, I was sitting back at my desk.  Stephi, Samantha, and SoLow, collectively known as The Girls, were extremely excited to see us.  I think they missed being in the house more than they missed us but we got lots of hugs and kisses from them all.  Bob and Willow, the goats, just looked at me like “Ok, so where’s the food???”  I haven’t seen Fred the turtle yet but I’m sure he’s sleeping now so I’ll check on him first thing in the morning.

Stu and Dena, thank you so much for a wonderful visit!  We thoroughly enjoy coming back to New Mexico and we are excited about returning when you have the official Open House.  Remember, Segways would be nice additions for guests!  LOL  Love you both!

Stu and Dena


Comments are closed.